Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is for computer professionals only pls. XP Pro computers get dropped from DSL others don't

I have 5 computers on my network and 2 running XP pro. The others run XP Home and they never get dropped, EVER! I'm constantly having to reset the DSL modem to get re-connected. It's not the modem, wiring, or ISP. Trust me I'm positive!



I've tried using a different eithernet card... No help



I've changed cables... No help



Changed firewalls from McAfee to Comodo... No help



Changed virus from NOD32 to Comodo... No help



Wired or wireless... Doesn't matter



Complete scan of system w/House Call, NOD, Comodo, no virus's,malware, trojans, etc... No help



Update all drivers, software, and OS... No help



Use Firefox or IE... Doesn't matter



Tried 6.23x10^23 different eithernet card configurations... No help...



If I had to guess I think there is a corrupt windows file. It acts more like hardware then software though. There was a time when everything worked perfectly. I have no recollection of what I changed when this problem started to happen 6 months ago. Intel board %26 processor..



This is for computer professionals only pls. XP Pro computers get dropped from DSL others don't, why?internet



It's always best to describer your LAN configuration when you are asking for help. List # gateways (w/ DHCP), # switches etc.. One thing that may help is to upgrade your router's firware through webmin. Routers usually fail or slowdown if they are overheated, or are flooded with too many connection from P2P apps like BitTorrent. Firmware sometime fixes issues with connection flooding as it reduces the time the connection stays alive (lease time).

No comments:

Post a Comment