Sunday, September 20, 2009

How do computers make teaching easier for teachers?

Are computers really effective teaching tools



How do computers make teaching easier for teachers?abtuvurys 2005



For one thing, grades can be kept in an online gradebook, shared with parents via online grade viewers and report cards generated also from the computer grade book. That alone makes report cards and contact with parents easier.



I have used power point presentations in my class and found them to be very effective. Kids will pay more attention to the screen than a live human being! As an art teacher, I am able to show kids work from anywhere in the world online -- and incorporate that into my lesson, where before I would spend foever pouring through books looking for samples, not find the one I want, etc.



Then, there is lesson plans. There are TONS of huge internet databases with lesson plans of any age, grade, curriculum, etc. If you are in a rut, stuck, need some inspiration, there are THOUSANDS of lessons at your finger tips.



Oh, and lastly, if papers are done on computer, you can actually read them -- as opposed to trying to decipher handwriting!



How do computers make teaching easier for teachers?antivirus programs



I know of a great education online community called LAMS. (Just google it and you'll find it)

No comments:

Post a Comment