Sunday, September 20, 2009

I am unable to forward ports to one particular computer on my network. Other computers work. What gi

I have tried different computers and different routers, but with each configuration, the same computer never works with port forwarding. Other computers on the network handle the forwarded ports without issue.



I am pretty sure it is an issue with Win XP Pro, but I am not sure where to look. I have disabled Windows Firewall, so that shouldn't be the problem. Any ideas?



I am unable to forward ports to one particular computer on my network. Other computers work. What gives?stinger



Assuming that you are configuring port forwarding through the router, are you having any trouble setting that portion up? What happens that you know the ports aren't being forwarded? Are you just getting no response, or have you actually used a network sniffer to see the traffic? Need more information....



I am unable to forward ports to one particular computer on my network. Other computers work. What gives?virus scanner



Is that computer normally works on your local network? IP address range and masks are same with others?
Do you have a static ip, different from dhcp, for that computer, and so when you enter the info it is the right ip. Also check to make sure that ports are not afflicting with another cuz they could get mixed to go to another computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment