Sunday, September 20, 2009

I want to put b/b on my 3 computers - UK only?

My apologies to those who answered my previous query about networking 3 computers. I worded the question wrongly. Thanks for your assistance.



1) 2 computers are XP Home and 1 is 98SE. Can I link them to broadband - preferably wirelessly? I don't need them networked together. Why not? Just don't see the need. 3 people - 3 computers.



2) Would a hub or a router be better in this situation? Do I still need a modem?



2) Any recommendation as to the best b/b provider taking into account speed, costs, download limits and equipment provided?



3) Just how are download limits calculated? Is linking to a Website taking up download or is this purely file transfers like pictures, games and music?



4) As it is unlikely that a b/b provider would supply equipment for 3 computers any recommendations on a good router or hub, and would you use a card or a USB connection?



I want to put b/b on my 3 computers - UK only?adware remover



Yes you can link all three together on the same router.



The router provides a door for your computers to access the broadband network. Most routers have multiples of 4 ports on the back so you can have up to four computers physically plugged in.



Wirelessly, as long as the router is wireless and all of your computers are wireless then you can have all three connected via radio, normally below channel 12. You may need to get into your router (http://192.168.1.254 normally) to access signal strengths, channels, access etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment