Sunday, September 20, 2009

How do i track how many active computers are being used on my Yahoo! Music Unlimited account?

I have a network of 3 computers. Are all 3 of my computers being counted against my Yahoo! Music Unlimited Activation? I know this is how to deactivate a computer...



Yahoo! Music Unlimited Activation: Use this button to deactivate a machine if you wish to add another to your Y! Unlimited subscription. Only three machines can be active on any one account at a time for download of subscription music.



... can anyone answer this question?



How do i track how many active computers are being used on my Yahoo! Music Unlimited account?virus scanner



YMU is activated on a per-computer basis. I don't think it matters how many computers are on the network since it is not a network installation.



If you try to activate it on what it thinks is a 4th computer, it will tell you that you can't.



By the way, be very careful with your activations. YMU does not keep track of computers. It only keeps track of activations and deactivations. So if you reactivate it on the SAME computer, it is going to count that as a 2nd activation. So if your hard disk is going to crash or if you reinstall your operating system, make sure you deactivate YMU first. (Yes, my tongue is in cheek, but I'm being serious about the way activations work.)



Response to your additional info:



%26gt; How can i reset the count? I am getting the "PC Limit has been reached" error messege.

No comments:

Post a Comment