Monday, October 19, 2009

Can't seem to connect my 2 computers through a crossover cable! What did I do wrong?

I have connected my 2 computers through crossover cable. My main pc is connected to the net through a USB cable modem. I have set the Lan IP address as 192.168.0.1 and my other- laptop as 192.168.0.2. Few months back I had no problems with the lan. Later then after I had to reinstall windows in my PC, my lan has been suffering. Whatever I do , no computer can recognise the other. Although my ethernet card shows that lan cable is connected, I cant seem to find the other computer in my network places. I have tried the network setup wizard but have failed miserably. I even tried disabling my net connection n looked whether it worked, but it vain. There is no problem with the lan cable, as I able to connect to other computers with the laptop. But at home I am not able to do so. Could any1 help me out



Can't seem to connect my 2 computers through a crossover cable! What did I do wrong?computer virus



I agree with handy helper. You're obviously have more trouble than it's worth with the damn crossover cable. Router's are pretty cheap nowadays....so are SOHO switches (stay away from a hub, switches are better).



You can find a decent router for under $50. I would suggest going for a Linksys, Netgear, or D-link router.



Can't seem to connect my 2 computers through a crossover cable! What did I do wrong?free spyware remover

No comments:

Post a Comment