Thursday, October 22, 2009

How can I get 5 computers to share information off of one computer?

I basically want to be able to share information off of one computer to my other 5 computers thru the internet. So that when I am on the road I can still pull up my business info with just a internet.



How can I get 5 computers to share information off of one computer?triumph



depends what kind of information but 1 way is to use Remote Desktop Connection availble with windows XP and remote in



How can I get 5 computers to share information off of one computer?worms



ohio44903 is absolutely correct....thats what we use if/when we work from home but you have to make sure that your computer (the one you want to access remotely) is on for it to work.....then basically you take over the computer....its really neat because if someone is working from home i can see what they are typing and working on so every once in a while i will mess with someone by putting typos in so they have to correct it
There are a couple of ways to complete the task. If its for business the security might be an issue. You could remote desktop the computer but that wouldn't be the most secure. Probably be best to get a VPN (virtual private network) solution.



http://www.google.com/search?q=vpn%26ie=ut...



With vpn the info is encrypted, keeping it safe during transit across the internet. You can get a router with VPN capabilities, assign your five users usernames and passwords, that way your business info will be protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment