Thursday, October 22, 2009

I have three computers connected to the Internet via a router and they all display *page cannot be f

I am connecting 3 computers (2 desktops and 1 laptop) to a wireless router. A desktop and the laptop are connecting via wirless connection and another desktop (media centre) is connected with an ethernet cable. I am able to use the internet but only for a few hours or less and then receive the error "page cannot be displayed" and it seems I have lost my internet connection but yet in the tray icons I can see that the internet is still connected. This occurs with all 3 computers and I have tried power cycling modem and router several times and have tried repairing the connection as well under network connections and settings. Someone has mentioned the problem may lie with my router and or the DNS settings. I've read through many online articles and followed instructions but yet no success. Can anyone help me with this?



I have three computers connected to the Internet via a router and they all display *page cannot be found*.?viruses



The only time the icons in your taskbar will show a loss of internet connectivity is if you pull up an invalid ip address from your computer to your router.



Try bypassing your router by hooking up one computer straight to the modem. If you still have a problem, you'll need to contact your broadband service provider. If you no longer have the problem, it's probably your router.



Hope that helps. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment