Thursday, October 22, 2009

I need help connecting two computers to a wireless router?

I have two computers, one laptop (wich is wifi capable) and a desktop, but the desktop computer does'nt have wifi capabilities. i need to know if i can connect my DSL to my laptp via wifi,and my desktop the regular way, and if not, how can i connect both computers to my DSL so they both work efficiently? please help me!!!! if you have anymore questions to ask that ay help you to answer my question please e-mail me at marshallm07@yahoo.com. thank you!



I need help connecting two computers to a wireless router?network security



On the back of your wireless router there should be about 4 ports were you can connect computers with the standard ethernet cord and not wifi. So connect your computer that doesnt have wifi to the router with a wire. Keep the router and the computer in the same room. Then hook your laptop to the wireless internet. This is what i did.



I need help connecting two computers to a wireless router?norton internet security



Take the connection that runs from your DSL modem to your desktop and connect it to the router, then run a line from the router to the desktop. Your laptop will just use the wireless signal. This is a common way of setting it up (and the way I do it).
Yes, thats right... The desktop, u connect it to the router hardwired and the latop wireless. It works, juz make sure all the settings are correct.
you could even buy a network adapter with a usb connection an just plug it in
Depending on you connection to the world and your wifi router this should be easy. The phone line comes into your house and is connected to the DSL modem The DSL modem has one RJ45 connector that is connected to the WIFI modem. The WIFI modem should have four jacks on it so you can connect it to your desktop computer. If it doesn't have any more than one connection you will need to buy a router with a switch built in it. This will give you more than one IP address at you house and you should be able to connect as many as 100 computers to your DSL line

No comments:

Post a Comment