Thursday, October 8, 2009

I want to work in computers??

I'm 19 and for my future career I want to do something in computers but do I need to be good at maths if this is the case!?



I'm a labourer at the moment having just dropped out of college because I disliked the work I was doing, I've always had an interest in computers and would like to work with them in the future plus I'm hoping to go back to college next year to study them, is there anything I should know I don't intend on doing computer science but I've struggled with maths my whole life!!



I want to work in computers??mcaffee



It all depends on whether you want to....



(1) be a hardware computer person or (2) a sofware computer person. These are two completely different fields in the computer/IT arena. Software pays far more, yet requires far greater education than knowing hardware. Hardware will pay you a decent living wage if you get hired with the right people and does not require advanced learning like programming and advanced math.



Hardware = community college or technical school (even an apprenticeship with a well-established computer dealer) 2 years less money to train.



Software = 4 years college. Heavy learning in terms of math and computer programming. Lots of money to train.



Another important factor........do you really enjoy working and being around computers or do you really LOVE it? That's an important factor to use in your decision making.

No comments:

Post a Comment