Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is there any reason to think that computers cannot be sentient?

I'm not talking about computers now, but in the future is there anything to stop us creating a sentient computer (or a computer creating a sentient computer)?



Is there any reason to think that computers cannot be sentient?virus protection



I asked my computer is he was sentient, and he said NO. Being sentient, I dont know whether he is lying to me or not. Tomorrow, I'll ask him if he is lying. If he IS lying, I'll know he is sentient like me.



Is there any reason to think that computers cannot be sentient?agv



ha ha Report It


It just depends upon your definition of sentience. I think that AI's of the future can evolve to sentience -- it's just the human-factor (read: fear + technology) are impeding the process. My little Dell Latitude here concurs. That's a nice girl. Niiice girl.
Who says we are not sentient computers? We still have no clue where we came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment