Thursday, October 22, 2009

How can I get rid of the computers that are showing connected to my computer on my pc trendcillin pr

My trendcillin program scans the computer routinely for viruses and spyware. This list keeps popping up saying that there are several computers showing up linked to my computer. Does this affect anything and how do I stop it? When I go to do not trust it doesnt remove them from the list saying they are connected!



How can I get rid of the computers that are showing connected to my computer on my pc trendcillin program?trojan



Well, for a start, you will be connected to your ISP's server, so you don't want to disconnect that one.



If you run MSN Messenger or some of messenger program, that will be maybe another couple of connections.



I've just looked on my PC, and I have 60 open connections to other computers. I am not connected to any network, just have my broadband access to my home.



If you open a DOS window (Start-%26gt;Run, type 'cmd' in the box for Windows XP, type 'command' in the box for some older versions of windows.) and type the command "netstat", it will show all open connections. You can also type "netstat 5" to make it refresh every 5 seconds (CTRL-C to stop).



These connections are normal. If you shutdown all your internet programs, and see more than 5 or 6 of these listed, and can't figure out what they are, then you may have unwanted software running, so run an anti-spyware scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment