Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why do some computers require speakers that have their own power?

I just built a new computer and had no sound, everything else worked just fine. I kept trying to determine why no sound when I decided to plug my headphones into the rear speaker sockets and boom.....I found out the motherboard or the audio drivers were not bad (integrated sound) after all.



Just curious, that means I now have to buy more speakers.....a set that has it's own power at that.



Why are some computers like that?



Why do some computers require speakers that have their own power?nortin



They don't need them. Ones that use another power source normally have more than speakers attached, a bass box, and it would be a big pull on the PSU if they did that. Not to mention they are also intented to be used for multiple things, not just computers. EX: Hook up to a Ipod, laptop, etc.... the lilst goes on and on.



Why do some computers require speakers that have their own power?pc security



you are talking about soun card integrated onto motherboard. external speakers usually requires adapter that plug into household power line.

No comments:

Post a Comment