Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why cant I see other computers in my workgroup with Windows Server 2003?

I have a home network with 2 XP boxes and 1 Windows Server 2003. I have shared out my drive on the server box but i am not seeing it from the other computers like i have been when every computer was just XP. Every computer is in the right workgroup and drive is shared. Am I missing something with Server is it different from XP?



Why cant I see other computers in my workgroup with Windows Server 2003?spyware remover



ping 2 computers if the reply is right. it means that the cables and your Ethernet card was installed corectlly.



so check if these two computers are in the same Workgroup if the aswer is yes check the names of computers the names of computers should be different and unique in the LAN.then chek the IP address set the IP address to class C i mean 192.168.0.1 for one and the other 192.168.0.2 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and dont use Optain an IP address Automativally set use the following IP address



and finally



Break a leg



Why cant I see other computers in my workgroup with Windows Server 2003?virus removal



Start %26gt; Settings %26gt; Network Connections %26gt; Work Group
Check you IP settings to make sure that all computers are on the same network.



Try using the ip address and share name



\\%26#123;Ip Address of Server%26#125;\%26#123;Shared directory Name%26#125;



in my case it would be \\erobby\data or \\192.168.2.1\data



Make sure that the user ID have access to the server.



Also make sure you have the correct workgroup setup if you are using workgroup if not make sure your domains are correct and that you can log into it.
Make sure that the Default windows firewall is not turned on your windows xp boxes . You cange that through the properties of the network connection. That firewall even stops netbios traffic to the local network.

No comments:

Post a Comment