Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why can't my two Windows XP computers access my Vista computer in the network?

My Vista computer can access shared files from XP computers, but I can't access Vista's files through my XP computers. Printing is fine and all three can share iTunes, but that's it....?



Why can't my two Windows XP computers access my Vista computer in the network?virus scanner



The Problem Is Not Diff OS As Someone Said



That Can Play a big factor but i have networked vista to 98 and xp ETC



your problem is your ip address



Xp Uses a 4bit IP address system



BUT... Vista Uses A 6bit Address System



So Check your TCP/IP settings



and your workgroup



Why can't my two Windows XP computers access my Vista computer in the network?anti virus software



Curious, is your file %26 print sharing is working from XP to Vista? I had a similar problem printing from XP laptop to Vista Desktop and this article helped: http://technet.microsoft.com/e... Report It


Have you put all 3 computers in the same workgroup?



That usually helps with the permission side of things.
Because microsoft products are horrible...get a mac...
their are not the same os that is why

No comments:

Post a Comment