Thursday, October 22, 2009

Careers dealing with computers?

iit may sound silly. but doe anyone know a major that deals wioth computers that doesnt involve too much math and who makes a good amount of money. I am good at computers but math isnt exactly my favorite subject. Can you nae some majors that I can look into. P.S please don't make any smart remarks. I wouldn't ahave asked you if thats all that you are going 2 do. Thanx in advance!:)



Careers dealing with computers?pc security



If you're savvy then system administration is good. Or PC repair (almost the same thing, except the admin is responsible for users)



I hold an A.S. for Comp. Info Systems. and a cert for A+ so I am very savvy.



For the Bachelor, I majored in Business - Managment Information Systems. I wanted to be a programmer but I topped out on my math skills.



An MIS major learns everything from accounting, finance, database, programming, system analysis, quantitative analysis, statistics, marketing, operating systems, networking, management, system administration, communication, etc... in all fields relating to business and computers.



I am a consultant who gets paid to walk into a business, make interviews with all positions, and draw plans to incorporate technology to make it more efficient and cost saving. I basically know much of each area so I can manage and lead a team of those who are experts in their field. You dont need to know everyting just how to create a new system Sort of a jack of all trades, master of none. Specifically while all fields have ideas, you are taught where to start creating and implement an information system where all other fields do not know how to. It can get you out of sitting in a box from 9-5 for life. I do a job for 4-6 months and I move on and get to do something new. No boredom. I can work with my laptop wherever I am at. (preferably the beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment