Monday, October 19, 2009

How do I get my computers to share files?

I have two computers connected in my house with a router, both wired, although they are wireless capable(no wireless cards, yet, just the router). How can I share files between the two computers? Can I use a web browser to browse through the HD of the other computer? Or am I going to have to do some sort of artificial server set-up?



How do I get my computers to share files?ducati



You have to run your set up a home or small office network wizard which is in your network connection window on the left side. You have to do this on both computers and make sure you give both computers the same work group name or they can't connect to each other. Then after you establish a connection between the to you just have to right click on the folders you want to share and go down to sharing and security and click on that and check share this folder, you can also check allow user you make changes so you can make changes to that folder from the opposite computer. Might sound complicated but it's not the wizard is easy to use and if you don't want to share a folder any more just go back through and uncheck share folder.



How do I get my computers to share files?hp



click on folders you want to share and right click then sharing. Once shared is set up use my network places to see network. Any computer that has shared access will show up directory

No comments:

Post a Comment